Commercial Recycler Collecting Non-Curb Items at Local Grocer
PORTLAND, Ore., Jan. 5, 2010 – EFI Recycling, a commercial recycling company based in Portland, Ore., has partnered with Whole Foods Market to host a Recycle Day at the grocer’s seven locations. EFI Recycling will handle the recycling for the event, encouraging Whole Foods Market customers to properly dispose of items that are not suitable for curbside pickup.
“After the holidays, our customers have excess items and they’re not sure how to get rid of them in an environmentally friendly way,” said Dena Hastings of Whole Foods Market. “Through this event and our partnership with EFI Recycling, we’re able to provide them with a recycling resource.”
Saturday, January 8, 2011, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Portland-area and Southwest Washington Whole Foods Market locations:
· Laurelhurst, 2825 East Burnside St., Portland, Oregon 97214, 503.232.6601
· Hollywood, 4301 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, Oregon 97213, 503-284-2644
· Fremont, 3535 NE 15th Ave., Portland, Oregon 97212, 503.288.3414
· Pearl, 1210 NW Couch St, Portland, Oregon 97209, 503.525.4343
· Mill Plain, 815 Southeast 160th Avenue, Vancouver, Wash., 98683, 360.253.4082
· Bridgeport, 7380 SW Bridgeport Rd, Tigard, Oregon 97224, 503.639.6500
· Tanasbourne, 19440 NW Cornell Rd, Hillsboro, Oregon 97124, 503.645.9200
About EFI Recycling:
Environmental Fibers International has more than 100 years of combined industry experience in shredding and recycling services. EFI is a family-owned business located on Swan Island in North Portland, Ore., and maintains facilities with the most sophisticated technology to collect and recycle a wide array of paper, cardboard and plastic film products. EFI is widely recognized for its consistent purchase and supply of quality recycling products and services.